Heads Up

All non racing related discussion

Re: Heads Up

Postby Lucky13 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:07 pm

If we find out who the fucktard is, time for a good old fashioned country ass whoopin.
4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul.
Lucky13
Flaming Junk Inspector

Postby blendedfamily » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm

lets hope for the best on the video. I've got an alibi, I was with chuck in the hospital in albq. The diamond shamrock was the on on motel drive and picacho? Kind of tricky, because its smack dab in the middle of west las cruces, but quite a few of the i10 exits are closed due to construction. could be the person was stopping in cruces, traveling further east to el paso, up north to albuquerque, or out to alamo. It would be real hurtful to think that it's anybody that comes to ASR on a regular basis, because that would mean that they know Ben pretty damn well.

Why was Ben targeted specifically? Unless you've raced with Ben and been stuffed by him in his gnarly fashion, most people probably wont have a grudge against him. Everyone else has all their stuff accounted for? If it was a random act, I dont think it would happen to one person only, would probably be more than one..
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby EP_Shane_600 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:12 pm

blendedfamily wrote:lets hope for the best on the video. I've got an alibi, I was with chuck in the hospital in albq. The diamond shamrock was the one on motel drive and picacho? Kind of tricky, because its smack dab in the middle of west las cruces, but quite a few of the i10 exits are closed due to construction. could be the person was stopping in cruces, traveling further east to el paso, up north to albuquerque, or out to alamo. It would be real hurtful to think that it's anybody that comes to ASR on a regular basis, because that would mean that they know Ben pretty damn well.

Why was Ben targeted specifically? Unless you've raced with Ben and been stuffed by him in his gnarly fashion, most people probably wont have a grudge against him. Everyone else has all their stuff accounted for? If it was a random act, I dont think it would happen to one person only, would probably be more than one..

i honestly dont think they Targeted Ben. i bet it was just an opportune time/location. Everyone distracted elsewhere and they saw the doors were not locked and thought they would take a peak. As far as Roger saying someone that was hurting for money IDK.. They have/had the money for track days and possibly racing. I think the fact they took money and a debit card just means it was the easiest to profit from. No need to try and sell anything to get money out of it. I really hope this was a 110% isolated incadent and will never happen to any one at ASR or anywhere else for that matter.

With the way the economy is everyone scrunges every penny they can to go out to ASR and have fun with their friends. I hate that someone has tarnished our openess out there and made people want to lock down. Someone should be able to loose a roll of money out there and have it returned with out questioning twice. but i guess that is just wishful thinking
EP_Shane_600
Racer

Postby ZF67 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 pm

This is still grinding my gears. I hope that 'who ever' did this is reading all these posts. And lets hope people dont pop ur race tires, truck tires, pour bleach in ur gas tank, cut the cordes on ur tire warmers, hit on ur girl while ur riding, put itching powder in ur helmet and leathers, throw ur truck keys in the port-o-john, cut the brake lines on your trailer.....anyways.....i think i speak for all of us saying, if you are the person who stole our brothers stuff and is reading this We DONT WANT YOU BACK.
ZACK FOULK My Cheetah is dangerously cheeeesy
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby speedracer170 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Any word on the video yet?
Cody
09 GSXR 600
AM 825
speedracer170
Racer

Postby odduc1098 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm

I’m as duly outraged as everyone else on here about what happened to Ben and the loss to the larger group of an honored bond/trust. I’ve never been described as a peace maker; however my greater concern is that now we’ll all walk around with a jaundiced or suspicious eye each time we go to the track. Of greater loss than Ben’s money or credit card is the potential for someone to make a stupid assumption when they see someone in another pit. Suddenly accusations or rumors start spreading and long standing friendships are irreparably damaged. In our efforts to be more self policing and watch out for our racing brethren, let’s make it a point to refrain from immediate character assassination, which was obviously a concern for Ben when you read his initial post. And just for the record, even with only one good hand, I’d have done my best to knock the snot of them if I’d have caught them!
odduc1098
Wheel Changer

Postby sweetr6 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:17 pm

I agree. One of my favorite things about Arroyo has always been the environment and the people that make that environment possible. I was torn about posting this and even talked to Roger before doing so because I was aware of the effect it could have on the atmosphere, putting everyone on edge. However, it happened, and you all deserved to know that. I don't want everyone to be suspicious of each other. I do want everyone to be aware of what happened and hopefully make the bad apple very uncomfortable; enough so that he or she thinks twice about doing it again. I will be more careful with my own belongings. I will try to make myself more aware of suspicious activity around my neighbor's pits. I want things to be as they always have been and also want to prevent this from happening to anyone else. Just keep an eye on your own things and secure your valuables at night. One person messed up and hopefully they won't do it again.

The video is being reviewed and they said they will let us know if a vehicle or individual is seen around that time frame. I am willing to put this in the past if that individual sees this and comes forward to Roger or myself. If you read this and you don't come forward and we find out who you are, I think it's safe to say everyone will want you banned.
sweetr6
Crew Chief

Postby Super Mario » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:16 am

No Ben, we can't ban them.
You just need to kick the shit out of them.. I always have a bat in my car or truck.
So, we'll wrap a towel around the barrel of the bat and take turns beating the shit out of them. With the towel on the bat, it doesn't leave obvious marks. Don't ask how I know, I just know.
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby EP_Shane_600 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:39 am

Bull shit we cant ban them.... I say we beat them Nd make them pay every penny back twice fold.
EP_Shane_600
Racer

Postby findgold » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Super Mario wrote:No Ben, we can't ban them.
You just need to kick the shit out of them.. I always have a bat in my car or truck.
So, we'll wrap a towel around the barrel of the bat and take turns beating the shit out of them. With the towel on the bat, it doesn't leave obvious marks. Don't ask how I know, I just know.

First we gota find out who they are..Ya got any clues yet?
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby sweetr6 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:52 pm

So violent! I'd be content with a confession, apology, refund and a hug.... It's good to know you guys have my back though, so thanks again!
Still waiting for video review Loren.
sweetr6
Crew Chief

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Ben, I we've always had your back. Some people more times than others. I hear Ortiz had your back multiple times........
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby findgold » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:18 pm

sweetr6 wrote:So violent! I'd be content with a confession, apology, refund and a hug.... It's good to know you guys have my back though, so thanks again!
Still waiting for video review Loren.

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.-Josh Billings(1818-1885
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.- Mahatma Gandhi
Ben, It must be your good nature that gets the rest of us so Pissed that you were the one that some person stole from.. :alien:
findgold
Racer

Postby Thunderdawg » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 am

I'm with Ben on this. We do have a justice system that should be followed and not contribute to more wrongs. Apologies and retribution should be enough. I'm also of the thinking that it's not another racer but an associate. The majority of our racers scrape by just to make it from round to round, and no one gets rich racing at club levels. It's all about the joy we get from friendly competition. IMHO
Thunderdawg
Pit Crew

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm sorry to hear that something like this happened in our club. Hopefully this is a one time incident. But you know the old saying, what goes around, comes around, and that person will pay this back in some way, shape, or form one day.
Ride, Race, Live.
ASMA #45
2002 HayaBusa (aka "Bus"), 2006 GSXR-1000 (aka "Little Bus"), 2000 Kawi Ninja 250 (aka "Baby Bus")
Sponsors: RPM Motorcycle, Kustom Works, Lockhart Phillips USA
Thomas
ASMA Racer

Postby mesches » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm

So what you're saying is Ben deserved this? :D
mesches
Crew Chief

Postby kz2zx » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Maybe he means Ben's whole life is Karmic payback?

Not cool that you got robbed, Ben. Not cool that it was at the track, and not cool that it happened to you.
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby findgold » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 pm

mesches wrote:So what you're saying is Ben deserved this? :D

You should know better then that..
findgold
Racer

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:33 pm

WHat this had to be someone new I found it hard to believe that someone would do that especially with the hospitality ASMA offers. I always leave my bike at the track at night with the keys in it and all my tools and i have never had anyone mess with it. I hope they found this POS.
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby JB_ASMA_29 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 pm

mr_gixxxer1k wrote:WHat this had to be someone new I found it hard to believe that someone would do that especially with the hospitality ASMA offers. I always leave my bike at the track at night with the keys in it and all my tools and i have never had anyone mess with it. I hope they found this POS.

tony rubbed his junk all over your grips..
I spend all my free time thinking about the sh!t I'm suppose to be doing
JB_ASMA_29
Pit Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Non Race Related