do you have a tech section

We check in and answer it here

do you have a tech section

Postby Figgy » Sun May 22, 2011 7:21 pm

hey rodger, its the man whos Casey Stoner RS250 replica that NEVER F'N WORKS. I finaly got the bike to run and respond to the throttle but she doesn't want to idle. the carbs are mikuni 34mm with a 280/270 jet and the needle was lowered by one clip. i also run the 9e spark plug now. stock air box with af1 racing filter. i also drained the race fuel and put 91 octane in. any help will help.
Figgy
Wheel Changer

Re: do you have a tech section

Postby kz2zx » Sun May 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Pilot jets?
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby findgold » Mon May 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Figgy wrote:hey rodger, its the man whos Casey Stoner RS250 replica that NEVER F'N WORKS. I finaly got the bike to run and respond to the throttle but she doesn't want to idle. the carbs are mikuni 34mm with a 280/270 jet and the needle was lowered by one clip. i also run the 9e spark plug now. stock air box with af1 racing filter. i also drained the race fuel and put 91 octane in. any help will help.

250 Ninjette guy here...Use a little math here... What size MJ was working at sea level? Droping the needle will have little effect if the jet nozzle is too big.. you may have to go down a size on it.. and the the pilot jet smaller for sure..

Rule of thumb.. 3 percent less air for every 1000 ft above sea level so you will need 12 percent less fuel to go with less air.and that goes for all the jets

BUT BE CAREFUL===TO LEAN ON A 2-STROKE CAN GET EXPENSIVE.....
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby Lucky13 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Mechanico is correct. The main jet is a major problem at our altitude. Ross mentioned he used a 110 if I remember correctly.
You're still fouling plugs I'm sure. You can adjust the idle/air mixture screw all you want but without the right pilot jet, as Dave stated, you will not get it to idle very well.
There's plenty of carb tuning tips out there on the web specific to your Suzuki, I mean Aprilia.
4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul.
Lucky13
Flaming Junk Inspector

Postby Thomas » Fri May 27, 2011 5:41 am

Figgy,
Just wanted to say hey. I met you at the Post Motorcycle rally IPR this week. Hope to see you at the track.
Ride, Race, Live.
ASMA #45
2002 HayaBusa (aka "Bus"), 2006 GSXR-1000 (aka "Little Bus"), 2000 Kawi Ninja 250 (aka "Baby Bus")
Sponsors: RPM Motorcycle, Kustom Works, Lockhart Phillips USA
Thomas
ASMA Racer

Postby Figgy » Sat May 28, 2011 1:37 pm

If any thing retarded can happen to me it will. I found a little metal peice in a fuel line from the bowl to the top of carb. It could of been intjere for a while. I cleaned everything and blew the hell out of every jet. I will put her back together tonight to see if she's good. Thanx for the help. I will be there on 5 June. Hope to see u guyz there.
Figgy
Wheel Changer

Postby Figgy » Sat May 28, 2011 5:25 pm

She's purring like a kitten now. Thanx for the help hopefully it last on trackday
Figgy
Wheel Changer

Return to Ask Arroyo Seco Management