R10 VS Pirelli Superbike Pro Slicks

We check in and answer it here

R10 VS Pirelli Superbike Pro Slicks

Postby tuscani451 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:20 pm

I'll skip the explanation as to why but I am currently running the Pirellis and I have a new set of R10s ready to go. As I'm sure most of ya'll know I am not really at a pace to need slicks but I do really like the Pirellis, BUT i also liked the Bridgestones too. Now my real question is about the difference between the the different profiles these tires have, as the R10 are more V-shaped and the Pirellis more rounded. I have noticed my my bike wants to run wide midcorner and when rolling on throttle. My question is: does the more round profile of the Pirellis have anything to do with this? I am thinking b/c the R10s are steeper on the side angle of the tire and that put more contact are down when leaned over?? Or is it simply a need to adjust the suspension? I was planning on raising the rear a bit on my next time out.
ASMA#451, Low and Slow
tuscani451
Crew Chief

Re: R10 VS Pirelli Superbike Pro Slicks

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Sounds like a simple geometry issue, raise the back a little bit. Nothing to do with the Pirelli being more rounded, it's about tire height.

Honestly, the only thing I don't like about the R10 is the front doesn't last very long. Better off runningthe 003 front with the R10 rear.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby tuscani451 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Ok thanks man, I will try the two tires back to back. But I'd like to stick with the pirellis. Any suggestion on how much to raise the back initially?
ASMA#451, Low and Slow
tuscani451
Crew Chief

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm

I'd do 3-5mm at the rear of the bike to start, or about 1 turn higher on the shock if it's adjustable.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Return to Ask Arroyo Seco Management