WTB: Road Bike

Buy and sell motorcycle related stuff here. This forum is for ASR users ONLY. If you're in another state and don't visit ASR, your post will be deleted.

WTB: Road Bike

Postby blendedfamily » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Looking for ways to stay in shape, and I've thought about doing some road biking. Anybody got a decent road bike lying around they wanna hock? I can't afford some ultra-carbon lance armstrong madness, just a simple, well set up entry level bike. Lemmie know.
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Re: WTB: Road Bike

Postby chefboyartie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

I run the track at lc high at six, you could meet me there......oh wait you moved, fuck you!
chefboyartie
STFU, Art!

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

He Tony, I've got one here that'll work for ya
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby ZF67 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 pm

back when i used to be fast i rode my road bike to and from work everyday.... i really felt "cleared out" and it gave me a reason to wake up early +i could jam with headphones in! here is a pic of mine :) cant wait till my collarbone heals so i can ride....and maybe once its not 118* outside . what gave you the idea to start riding a bike tony?

(at my work we end up with left over pallets and this crack head guy comes in a mini van and buys them from us, he is a hardcore dumpster diver and showed up with a mountain bike this one time with no tires, bent handle bars, and was white and rusted, he asked if anybody wanted it, i asked how much, he said 5$...i only had $4.25 he took it lol....this is an old schwinn mountain bike, i took it in, and "brought it back from the dead" so after spending 100$ later, i could actually ride it lol) so here is my dumpster bike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZACK FOULK My Cheetah is dangerously cheeeesy
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby blendedfamily » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:16 am

a few things -- I'm running a lot, and would like something to mix it up for longer distances, (I've got a buddy here who goes on 50-100 mile rides each weekend), and, I transferred jobs within the company I work for. The place I'm at now is about 3 miles from my house. It'd be nice if my car could stay parked a bit longer to save a few bucks on gas.

My shoulder is so badly torn up I can't really do much strength training anymore, (let alone jiu-jitsu and kickboxing), which were my main methods of staying in shape; so I've got to find something else to entertain and exercise.

Pure fitness and road bikes are god damn expensive, (upwards of 10-12k for some of the well endowed models), and entry level bikes are from 1-3 grand. I found a really good deal on craigslist the other day and pussed around with it for a day or so, but when I sacked up and made the guy an offer, he'd sold it that morning.
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby ZF67 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 am

^^^ thats awesome man. Ya im coming back from my stupid collar bone. And really hope it heals good and strong so i can pull my 72lb bow. I wanna shoot it so bad. So i know how it feels :( but on the bright side you might find someother hobbies now that you cant drop kick people anymore lol. Ya one of my buddies who autocrossed had a super expensive 4000$+ bike. And was in a whole group who rode way on the outskirts of Phx. Another cool thing!!! Back like a year ago at Firebird Raceway on their west roadcorse they held an endurance road bike race and TONS of factory trailers and teams showed up and they road the roadcorse like allday lol
ZACK FOULK My Cheetah is dangerously cheeeesy
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby kz2zx » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 am

Tony,

LA and Phoenix markets for used bikes (maybe Denver, too) are better.

I'd say get a bike with Mavic CPxx wheels, Shimano 105, and a carbon fork (that you'll replace), and plan to replace the saddle/pedals, too. You ought to get away for about $700 then...
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby blendedfamily » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:28 am

I looked into getting a cheaper Fuji model with carbon forks and shit components, then going with some 105 stuff and upgrading the wheels in a few months if I decide to actually stay with it. I'm worried about a large initial investment, because I'm such a flake. I dont want a 2,000 dollar clothing rack; I've already got a Honda CBR for that purpose..
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby kz2zx » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:57 am

About 12s of searching: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/3206999809.html

Replace the forks if you want carbon.
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby adrian06 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Do what I do tony not jack shit, just go out there and hope for the best, wait maybe thats why I cant beat Jason or david, damit. never mind don' t listen to me. :puke: thats what I feel like after a race.
adrian06
Pit Crew

Postby blendedfamily » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:53 pm

lol. why do you think I have to build motors? I'm too fat for less than maximum horsepower..
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby trussdude » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Go to Walmart and buy their top of the line bike. Replace it at 1,000 miles (if you get there).
trussdude
Wheel Changer

Return to Classifieds