Roll call July 2/3 trackday

Talk about trackdays at ASR here.

Roll call July 2/3 trackday

Postby speedracer170 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

So who all is going? I think i'm gonna do the school so I can maybe learn to go faster :mrgreen:
Cody
09 GSXR 600
AM 825
speedracer170
Racer

Re: Roll call July 2/3 trackday

Postby findgold » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 pm

I am hoping to make it down.. Mostly depends on how things go at Sandia sunday..
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby blendedfamily » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 am

If I've got a bike, I'll be there.
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby c-bass » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:47 am

If I find someone from PHX to go and split fuel with me I'll be there
c-bass
Pit Crew

Postby kz2zx » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:54 am

My forks are on their way to Woodstock, sorry.
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby Figgy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:39 pm

I'll be there and my buddy. We have a question though. What is the recommended jet setting on a ninja 250r. We put 100 but unsure what notch to put the needle on. Any help
Figgy
Wheel Changer

Postby findgold » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Figgy wrote:I'll be there and my buddy. We have a question though. What is the recommended jet setting on a ninja 250r. We put 100 but unsure what notch to put the needle on. Any help

I haven't touched the carbs on my 02 or 04 Ninjettes. However I did open up the air box intake a little to let in more air.. The older 250's have a reather restricted intake -- to cut down on noise...More air in is better then less gas.(smaller jets). :alien:
Being that I am the only one trying to race a 250 with ASMA and SMRI so far, and the cost to make them fast enough to out run the sv650's running in the lightweight classes I have been running box stock..(budget racing) so far.. I have removed a few unneeded for racing parts. :mrgreen: I have changes planned, but so far in no hurry to do them.. :D
So far I feel that I can still go faster on the bike the way it is.. :alien:

Your jetting -- They made quite a few changes in the tuning on the 08 and newer 250's But my guess would be down 2 on the main and one notch leaner on the needle. from stock sea level..That is if using stock air filter/box and stock muffler..

See ya this weekend. If all goes well we should have some fun.. :alien: :alien:
findgold
Racer

Postby kz2zx » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Loren, so help me, I will be a track bike whore this next race weekend...

Let me try one of your ninjas this time? (not that you wouldn't let me before, I just kept forgetting to ask)
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby findgold » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:20 pm

kz2zx wrote:Loren, so help me, I will be a track bike whore this next race weekend...

Let me try one of your ninjas this time? (not that you wouldn't let me before, I just kept forgetting to ask)

I only have the one running at this time :( But I will let ya take it for a spin or two. :alien: This coming weekend is only a trackday. And I am trying to find time to rebuild an old zx600 shock for testing on the bike this weekend..Its a tad bit shorter but with more spring and adjustable damping and can be pressurized - should be much help in the corners :lol:
But as of now I can't see me not having at least 2 running by the next race weekend in Sept. :alien:
and figgy is working on a 250 track bike :D I hope he is planning on entering it in a race or two.. And interest is building with races at SMRI. I gave a bunch of the guys on bigger bikes a real run for the money this last weekend on the "new config" longer race track. low budget racing just might come into happening. :mrgreen:
findgold
Racer

Postby Figgy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Hell yeah I plan on racing. And my buddy Cpt Ruley will be racing his 2008 ninja 250 too. Let's try and kick those Sv's to the curb and keep the lite weight class alive. :). I will bring all of Ruley's stock parts to track day. They mite help your ninja's out????
Figgy
Wheel Changer

Postby tuscani451 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:54 pm

My buddy Jeff(Jazman) and I are looking to pick up some older(cheap) 250 ninjas so we can play with ya'll, if anyone happens to see a deal too good to pass LMK
ASMA#451, Low and Slow
tuscani451
Crew Chief

Postby findgold » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:20 pm

tuscani451 wrote:My buddy Jeff(Jazman) and I are looking to pick up some older(cheap) 250 ninjas so we can play with ya'll, if anyone happens to see a deal too good to pass LMK

I will start looking for more and if I see something I will post it here.. :mrgreen:
Its not quite the right time of year to get a good deal on a bike. :( but I wish you luck I found mine on Ebay and had to travel a little to pick them up.. But was going back east to visit grandsons for xmas last Dec and found two of em that I could pick up on the way out and it only added two or three hundred miles to the trip. one set me back 500 the other 720 and got lucky and found a 500 dollar one here at home, with a Muzzy pipe that I may start using one of these days. Two of em needed a little work and one was a thieft recovery that was almost new but had parts missing and has turned out to be a parts bike.. Craigs list has a few here in Albuquerque some at a fair price and a couple asking a bit much..But shoot a brand new 2011 model is only around 4000 and most likely for less.. as most mc shops are hurting for sales.. :alien: It shouldn't be hard to find a good one for less then 2000.
Its beginning to look like "let the good times roll" time is just around the corner. :alien:
findgold
Racer

Postby findgold » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:00 am

Figgy wrote:I'll be there and my buddy. We have a question though. What is the recommended jet setting on a ninja 250r. We put 100 but unsure what notch to put the needle on. Any help

Figgy go to http://www.jetsrus.com for a very good keihin to dynojet to mikuni chart. From what the chart says a 100 dynojet is the same as a 102.(5) keihin I'm not sure but I think 105 is stock for the 08 so I am thinking that being you went 2 spaces on the needle try back up one and see how it works..
Also perhaps setting the bike up for street legal for the summer will make it a lot easier to get the jetting spot on for track days and racing.. And best bet would be get the bike running right and then leave it alone and learn to get all you can out of it as it is.

rule of thumb develop rider skill first. learn to be at home with the bikes strengths and shortcomings and spend more time riding the bike on the track and less time working on it..Learn to go fast in the corners once you can give me a good run it will then be time to start making improvements to the bike,

The Aug. 14 endurence race planned would be a good time for you and your buddy to team up and have a good time. You can learn a lot more in an endurence race then you can in 10 track days..

Hope to see you guys at the 6-7 aug track day and for the 14th race..Which will run CCW. :alien:
findgold
Racer

Postby kz2zx » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 am

findgold wrote:leave it alone and learn to get all you can out of it as it is.

I'm pretty much with Loren on this one. If I were to race a Ninjette, the only things I'd change would be the wheels and clip-on risers; then try like hell to learn to corner faster - and open the throttle before the apex. I kind of think it's the point of Ninjette racing: keep it cheap and simple, but work on overcoming rider skill limitations.

First, though, I have to actually try one :)
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby Thomas » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:01 pm

The little 250 is a lot of fun. Just put on a set of Pirelli's tires and just ride it. Really need to beef up the front forks, but since I ride so slow it's all good. The back straight seems a lot longer on the 250. :lol:
Ride, Race, Live.
ASMA #45
2002 HayaBusa (aka "Bus"), 2006 GSXR-1000 (aka "Little Bus"), 2000 Kawi Ninja 250 (aka "Baby Bus")
Sponsors: RPM Motorcycle, Kustom Works, Lockhart Phillips USA
Thomas
ASMA Racer

Return to Track Days