Motion pro throttle kit Cbr 1000 07

Talk about trackdays at ASR here.

Motion pro throttle kit Cbr 1000 07

Postby punisher » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Well the install wasn’t too bad considering that I had the bike apart. You need to remove the airbox and you need two needle nose pliers to get the cables removed and installed this is where it’s a pain. The only gripe I have is the throttle tube feels so cheap. Like a cheap Chinese toy you find at the family dollar :) . Another slight issue I had was that the bike would rev slightly when I pushed on the cable downward. It won’t go off when I turn the handle bars but only when the cables are pushed down. It has to be done purposefully. Motion pro cut it a little close and should’ve made it about 1 mm longer. It also had nice adjusters on the outside but didn’t use them because of the little issue. Also I did leave the cable all the way loose on the throttle body. It takes about 3 minutes to change the reels and is pretty awesome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
punisher
Wheel Changer

Re: Motion pro throttle kit Cbr 1000 07

Postby findgold » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Sure would be nice if I could get one of these for my Ninjette. It takes forever to open the little mini carbs on it even with a make shift quarter turn modified from another bike.
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby blendedfamily » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:05 pm

I wish i'd known you were gonna fork over all that cash for one of these. I've got one on my 08, and I think I got it all together for about 15 bucks, shipped to my house. I just used an R6 tube, (which is a larger diameter than our honda's). The thing has a super short throw, and gets to the power pretty darn quick.
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby findgold » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:30 pm

blendedfamily wrote:I wish i'd known you were gonna fork over all that cash for one of these. I've got one on my 08, and I think I got it all together for about 15 bucks, shipped to my house. I just used an R6 tube, (which is a larger diameter than our honda's). The thing has a super short throw, and gets to the power pretty darn quick.

I am using the r6 tube in the Ninjette (had to do a little dremel work to get it to fit) but could use a little less turn to get to wide open..because thats where it is most of the time... :alien: I managed to break one this year from twisting to hard trying to get the little bike to go a little faster.. :drunken:
findgold
Racer

Postby findgold » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:35 pm

The pro is a bit pricey but gives you a wide choice of how much twist you have..I will be looking on ebay for one at a good price.
findgold
Racer

Postby kz2zx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Loren, in the past, I've had good results epoxying a ziptie around the throttle tube cam to make it larger (and thus shorter throw/quicker).
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby findgold » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:20 am

kz2zx wrote:Loren, in the past, I've had good results epoxying a ziptie around the throttle tube cam to make it larger (and thus shorter throw/quicker).

Been thinking about something along that line...But haven't tryed/done that yet.
My rear shock and forks are the main fixes at this time and they need a lot of improvement. :!:
And my race budget is a little low on funds at this time. :sad2:
And I will NOT enter a few less races! :alien:
findgold
Racer

Return to Track Days