Advanced Riding School

Talk about trackdays at ASR here.

Advanced Riding School

Postby Uncle » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:54 pm

I wasn't quite sure where to put this post, but I thought it's probably best suited under this colummn.

Anyway, here's my personal critique of Roger's Advanced Riding School.

What the man is pulling off in this two day course is quite impressive.
A 2 to 1 instructor ratio, intense mostly supervised riding sessions, brief (as in well timed) classroom sessions and fully catered lunches.
What more could you ask for? Did I mention the price-tag? Try to get all this at any other place in the US, - good luck.

No question, the school is not for beginners, but you do not have to be fast to walk away with a wealth of knowledge.

If you survive Rogers early morning (cold and windy) 1.4 miles walking exercise which is strictly geared towards impressing you, by him walking backwards on the proper lines and talking without taking a breath, than you are properly warmed up to be handed off to his Instructors.

Micky, Mario and Sebastian (who did I forget?) are the most helpful bunch out there. While Roger "scores" everybody from different strategic locations on the track, his gang keeps you under close supervision.
After about 10 laps there will be individual debriefings and if you still do not get it, the Master himself will chime in.
Long story short, there will be no doubt where and how to improve.

Oh, - I nearly forgot the classroom sessions.
Lot's of information! Take notes!! Be aware, if Roger lets loose on suspension setup, - HEAD EXPLOTION.
All this needs to be digested, but if you listen, chances are that after your 3rd or 4th advanced riding school you really know why a 10k suspension upgrade is the way to go :wink: (Just kidding Roger).

What all this boils down to is having a great time and meeting cool people who share one of the most exciting hobbies on the planet.
I definitely got my fill and will be back.

Good Job!!

PS: Thanks to Michelle and the other Ladies for the good food.
Uncle
Wheel Changer

Re: Advanced Riding School

Postby findgold » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:39 am

Roger and his school crew, and ASMA are two of the best kept secrets in American motorcycle roadracing..
In Roger's case it may be best to keep him secret. :alien: lol
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby findgold » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:15 am

Uncle wrote:I wasn't quite sure where to put this post, but I thought it's probably best suited under this colummn.

Anyway, here's my personal critique of Roger's Advanced Riding School.

What the man is pulling off in this two day course is quite impressive.
A 2 to 1 instructor ratio, intense mostly supervised riding sessions, brief (as in well timed) classroom sessions and fully catered lunches.
What more could you ask for? Did I mention the price-tag? Try to get all this at any other place in the US, - good luck.

No question, the school is not for beginners, but you do not have to be fast to walk away with a wealth of knowledge.

If you survive Rogers early morning (cold and windy) 1.4 miles walking exercise which is strictly geared towards impressing you, by him walking backwards on the proper lines and talking without taking a breath, than you are properly warmed up to be handed off to his Instructors.

Micky, Mario and Sebastian (who did I forget?) are the most helpful bunch out there. While Roger "scores" everybody from different strategic locations on the track, his gang keeps you under close supervision.
After about 10 laps there will be individual debriefings and if you still do not get it, the Master himself will chime in.
Long story short, there will be no doubt where and how to improve.

Oh, - I nearly forgot the classroom sessions.
Lot's of information! Take notes!! Be aware, if Roger lets loose on suspension setup, - HEAD EXPLOTION.
All this needs to be digested, but if you listen, chances are that after your 3rd or 4th advanced riding school you really know why a 10k suspension upgrade is the way to go :wink: (Just kidding Roger).

What all this boils down to is having a great time and meeting cool people who share one of the most exciting hobbies on the planet.
I definitely got my fill and will be back.

Good Job!!

PS: Thanks to Michelle and the other Ladies for the good food.

ASMA has to be one of the best kept secrets in American Motorcycle roadracing. :alien:

P.S linking this to my facebook page :alien:
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby chefboyartie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:21 am

I agree whole heartedly with these statements. As my graduation gets closer and closer I'm getting nervous about where I will end up. As hard as I will try to stay in the area, it may not happen.
chefboyartie
STFU, Art!

Postby kz2zx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Uncle wrote:If you survive Rogers early morning (cold and windy) 1.4 miles walking exercise which is strictly geared towards impressing you, by him walking backwards on the proper lines and talking with his lungs never less than 50% full of cigarette smoke, than you are properly warmed up to be handed off to his Instructors.

FTFY...
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby Uncle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 pm

kz2zx wrote:
Uncle wrote:If you survive Rogers early morning (cold and windy) 1.4 miles walking exercise which is strictly geared towards impressing you, by him walking backwards on the proper lines and talking with his lungs never less than 50% full of cigarette smoke, than you are properly warmed up to be handed off to his Instructors.

FTFY...

I knew I missed something.
Uncle
Wheel Changer

Return to Track Days