Rentals

Talk about trackdays at ASR here.

Rentals

Postby shakeNbake » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:38 am

I checked on the ASMA webite but couldn't find anythng out about rental bikes or leathers. Does Arroyo (or other affiliated entity) offer both rental bikes and leathers?

I am too scared to bring my bike out to the track for the first time I go and dropping a couple hundred on a suit when I've never been before just doesn't seem wise.

Thanks
shakeNbake
Spectator

Postby Roger@ASMA » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:35 am

We've got loaner leathers available, but no rental bikes. There is way too much liability with doing loaner bikes, (rider crashes and blames the bike) not to mention if if they get crashed, people wouldn't want to pay the bill to fix them. Besides, you're way better off learning the track on a bike you know, versus attempting to learn the track and the bike at the same time.
Roger@ASMA
Site Admin

Postby Ryan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:59 am

Get the leathers, and bring your own bike.

Here's the thing about the track. If you go out with the new riders session (if there are enough to do one), or the amateur session, just ride around like you're on the street for the first session or two. From there you can decide what you want to do with your riding.

If you haven't crashed on the street due to your own mistake, then there's no reason why you should crash on the track given that you're with the proper group and you understand the instruction given to you.

If you think you're in over your head, don't go back out and reconsider your options.

I guess what I'm getting at is, it's not as daunting as you might think. I was a newbie once and I thought there were all these huge barriers to entry but there really aren't. Safety gear is the biggest investment, which is a good idea to have anyway, but you can sell it if it's not for you.
Ryan
Pit Crew

Postby Michelle@Arroyo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:26 pm

i understand exactly what you are thinking about a trackday. I was the same way. But once I tried it, I was hooked. If I can do trackdays on my HayaBusa you should have no problem on your bike. Like Andy said, leathers are good to have for the street as well as the track. Just ride your own pace and you will be fine.
Michelle@Arroyo

Re: Rentals

Postby Figgy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:04 pm

hey rodger, i need to know how many leathers, size's and how much for the rental. I need this info so i can breif the BN. Also if you rent boots?????
Figgy
Wheel Changer

Postby kz2zx » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm

the old posts with the new usernames/sequencing is pretty funny.

Figgy, I'll let Roger answer, sorry...
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:34 pm

bring your own bike everyone on the forum is completely correct u will not crash unless u try to do some rossi backing it in tricks... Just follow one of the control riders they will instruct u on what to do u will slowly get faster the biggest part is to RELAX believe it or not u can spend hrs at the track but if u dont relax and be smooth u will never get fast just my two cents...
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:20 pm

I honestly don't have a count of the leathers or boots sizing right now. We don't charge anything for them, they were given to us by the riders when they buy new ones. If you want to email me roger at asmaracing.com I can probably get a count for ya.

And Yeah Dave, I was wondering when Michelle was riding her Busa....
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby EP_Shane_600 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Roger@Arroyo wrote:I honestly don't have a count of the leathers or boots sizing right now. We don't charge anything for them, they were given to us by the riders when they buy new ones. If you want to email me roger at asmaracing.com I can probably get a count for ya.

And Yeah Dave, I was wondering when Michelle was riding her Busa....

Yeah I heard she was running 16's out there on it
EP_Shane_600
Racer

Postby Thomas » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:13 am

I let her take the Bus out. You didn't see her? She rode it faster than I can around the track. I think it was the horepower to weight ratio. She's only half my weight. 8)

Shake N Bake, once you ride on the track you will be hooked forever. There is really nothing to compare it to. It's where you learn to ride your bike like it was meant to be.

Figgy, which BN you in? If your at Bliss I'd be more than happy to talk about the track and ASMA. I've been out there now since 2004.
Ride, Race, Live.
ASMA #45
2002 HayaBusa (aka "Bus"), 2006 GSXR-1000 (aka "Little Bus"), 2000 Kawi Ninja 250 (aka "Baby Bus")
Sponsors: RPM Motorcycle, Kustom Works, Lockhart Phillips USA
Thomas
ASMA Racer

Postby findgold » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:34 am

Roger@Arroyo wrote:I honestly don't have a count of the leathers or boots sizing right now. We don't charge anything for them, they were given to us by the riders when they buy new ones. If you want to email me roger at asmaracing.com I can probably get a count for ya.

I may be able to help you with leathers also.. I have several sets of leathers that I don't use or they don't fit me. I got most of them from Ebay sellers for very little $$. most of em turned out to be a bit small for me so I kept trying till I got a set that fit. Same with boots. tho the boots were easyer to get the right size.
I am 5'7" 190lbs (old, fat, and slow)
Also I race(?) a 250 ninja of which I have several of.
I Had 2 of them race ready for the first race this year and loaned one out to another rider to race and we had a good time dicing in the lightweight gp race..This last race I had planed on leting him ride it again. only I took it out for a few laps on Saturday and it just wasn't running right and the motor was making a noise that didn't sound too good--so it got parked for the weekend..I hope to get it up and running for the next race. and with a little work and luck will have a 3rd one going.. IF I get em running you are welcome to give it a try..

However as others have said here. Your best bet is to come out with a bike that you know well and start off easy and work your way faster little by little.. :alien:
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby Figgy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:45 pm

hey was up you old vet. it SFC FIG, the rs250 (stoner replica). i will be trying to get a total count of leathers and boots so i can make a matrix for my 2 hour breif to the whole BN riders. we have 27 total but i bet you there are more sleeper cells out there. hopefully i will have a couple for the 7-8 may trackday but i realy want to get all to come. if the BN works well I will talk with the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club and get the whole fort bliss to participate. fingers are crossed. put a total count or call me 254-630-6807 cell and we can get a total. rodger or VET.
Figgy
Wheel Changer

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 pm

it would be awesome if we could get a sponsor for leather rental for the services. Show these soldiers and airman how to really ride that bike they bought
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Our leathers and boots are free, but they are in limited amount. If there gets to be a large call for it, we'll buy some leathers and start renting them.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby findgold » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Roger@Arroyo wrote:Our leathers and boots are free, but they are in limited amount. If there gets to be a large call for it, we'll buy some leathers and start renting them.

As I posted earlier I have several sets of leathers that I picked up off Ebay for very little bucks over the years till I got the ugly set that I now use because they fit me..most are in fair to good shape one has lots of roadrash but still usable.
I will try and round them up bring them down to add to the asma loaner program...with hopes that they can be of use to someone.. :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby Thomas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:51 pm

I tried to get the Post Safety Office to sign off on a safety day at Arroyo years ago. As soon as you say, "a track", they go "no way". They get all wrapped around the word track and associated that to racing and that's just not acceptable in the eyes of the safety office. Lord forbid that we teach our soldiers to ride their bike in a safe place. They keep telling us the speed and corners are the cause of most accidents and killing our soldiers. But they (post leadership) would rather keep their heads in the sand and let our soldiers learn on the public roads where countless hazards await them. A perfect example, have you seen the new memo for the MPs and security police procedures for violations to the wearing of PPE yet? They are going to have soldiers park the bike at the gate. Then take the soldier to the MP station to get a ticket. Then call his chain of command to come and pick him up. And if the bike is not moved in 12 hours they will tow it.
Leadership is more concerned about making it difficult to get your bike on base. All that does is make for more sleepers to only ride off base. But yet the organizations on base are suppose to have a mentorship program for all the motorcyclist. The whole thing just gets me upset. Post Chief of Staff called my boss on base to have me counseled for sending an email with my opinion of the new procedures to the Post leadership.
Enough.
Sorry, let me get off my soapbox.
Good luck getting you unit to sign off on a track-day. I hope you can push it through.
Ride, Race, Live.
ASMA #45
2002 HayaBusa (aka "Bus"), 2006 GSXR-1000 (aka "Little Bus"), 2000 Kawi Ninja 250 (aka "Baby Bus")
Sponsors: RPM Motorcycle, Kustom Works, Lockhart Phillips USA
Thomas
ASMA Racer

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:47 am

^ i agree 100%
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 am

do you guys have boots too? i finally got one of my airman here that is interested in doing a trackday.
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby blendedfamily » Wed May 16, 2012 10:45 am

Boots are there too
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am

right on !!!
#63 Perk