Who's going Sept 1st and 2nd Trackdays?

Talk about trackdays at ASR here.

Who's going Sept 1st and 2nd Trackdays?

Postby R-silaxin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Just wanted to see who all was planning on heading out to Arroyo for these trackdays coming up in Sept...

My bike should be ready to go by then and I'd like to start planning now, since my first time out was pretty much a bust...

Also, met a lot of great people while I was out there and just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome! I was pissed when we were leaving and didn't really bother saying much in the way of good bye's to anyone, and for that I apologize... Just really sucked that my first trackdays were over before they began practically...

Siked to get back out there though!

:occasion5:
R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Re: Who's going Sept 1st and 2nd Trackdays?

Postby ZF67 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:03 pm

^ r u the orange and black r6? if so, nice clean bike. i was really looking forward to watching you run, and then u where gone and i was like :-? but ya me and the dirty aces are gonna go.......

....i hope my collar bone keeps improving like it has, its only been 2 weeks, and i can start to get a shirt on by myself, rode a lil dirt bike to help one of my team mates who crashed in the 4 hour, and just jacked up my bug, got under it and added transaxle gear oil using tools. so if it keeps healing like it is i hope to be riding..

..im kind of in a tough spot tho to be honest, my real "race" bike is totally street legal with stock body work and passanger pegs right now (breaks my heart to see it be street legal instead of race trim, but i NEED a way to get around town to and from my work) however i could convert it back and race it, and make the 500 street legal and ride it....but if i drop the zx6r hard racing, i cant afford to fix it, but i CAN afford to fix the 500 if i break it so i could just race light weight with the 500, save the zx6r for the street, and never be competetive.....but still lave fun.... anyways, sorry for the life story, but ya we should be there (coming from phx az) :color: :rr:
ZACK FOULK My Cheetah is dangerously cheeeesy
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby Driz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm planning on making one of the days. Saturday at this point... but my plans are still flexable. :D
Ducati 1098
Suzuki 650
Driz
Wheel Changer

Postby findgold » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 pm

ZF67 wrote:^ r u the orange and black r6? if so, nice clean bike. i was really looking forward to watching you run, and then u where gone and i was like :-? but ya me and the dirty aces are gonna go.......

....i hope my collar bone keeps improving like it has, its only been 2 weeks, and i can start to get a shirt on by myself, rode a lil dirt bike to help one of my team mates who crashed in the 4 hour, and just jacked up my bug, got under it and added transaxle gear oil using tools. so if it keeps healing like it is i hope to be riding..

..im kind of in a tough spot tho to be honest, my real "race" bike is totally street legal with stock body work and passanger pegs right now (breaks my heart to see it be street legal instead of race trim, but i NEED a way to get around town to and from my work) however i could convert it back and race it, and make the 500 street legal and ride it....but if i drop the zx6r hard racing, i cant afford to fix it, but i CAN afford to fix the 500 if i break it so i could just race light weight with the 500, save the zx6r for the street, and never be competetive.....but still lave fun.... anyways, sorry for the life story, but ya we should be there (coming from phx az) :color: :rr:

The way I see it. :alien: :alien: The less it costs you to maintain a bike for the track the more money you have to enter more races..And untill you reach your personal limit, the more time you spend on the track the better you get..After all, like I say at the bottom of all my posts "almost anyone can go fast with to much horsepower" :alien:
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby Uncle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:41 am

My rectifier went to Ducati Heaven.
I am waiting to get a new one and get the bike going for the first weekend in Sept.
I am planning for a.m. practice on both days.

Hope to see you all there.
Uncle
Wheel Changer

Postby R-silaxin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:53 am

ZF67 wrote:^ r u the orange and black r6? if so, nice clean bike. i was really looking forward to watching you run, and then u where gone and i was like :-? but ya me and the dirty aces are gonna go.......

Thanks! Yes the Orange/Black R6 is mine... Built that beauty all by myself right after I moved out here a couple months ago. I took it out to learn the track and warm it up a few laps to come back in and setup my suspension, then realized my Woodcraft case covers, particularly the right side was spraying oil all over my boot, exhaust, and rear wheel... Tried tightening as best we could, took it back out for a few more laps and still had the same prob... So I packed it in for the weekend. That was my first trackday, and it was a total bust...

Were you the one with your arm in the sling walking around? I met a ton of people when I was there. I came with Mario who seemed to know everyone...

Now, I'm just waiting on the new gaskets to get here by tomorrow, get them on and test everything again and make sure I'm all set for Sept! I definitely want to get back out there ASAP!

Anyone going from El Paso got room to give me a ride out? I'd appreciate it if Mario can't make it... Let me know!

:occasion5:
R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby kz2zx » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am

R-silaxin wrote: I'd appreciate it if Mario can't make it... Let me know!

If your appreciation runs to $500, we can have his kneecaps busted...
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 am

Put some hondabond or Yamabond lightly on each side of the gasket as well Adam. Aftermarket case covers are not going to be exact like an oem piece.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby blendedfamily » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 pm

I ran hondabond on my F3 and I didn't even need a gasket.
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby findgold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Roger@Arroyo wrote:Put some hondabond or Yamabond lightly on each side of the gasket as well Adam. Aftermarket case covers are not going to be exact like an oem piece.

Over the years I have used something like Yamabond on the cover side of the gasket and a silicone gasket on the engine side.. That way the gasket (most of the time) stays on the cover in one piece when the part is removed. thus you can use the gasket again and again because the silicone will let it part from the cases easily without damage. :alien:
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby R-silaxin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks for all the responses... I've got some Yamabond on the way with the gaskets, which are actually out for delivery right now... So this weekend I'll get it all buttoned up and be ready to go for Sept! I'm ready to get back out there and actually learn the track so I can start working on braking points, entry speed, etc, and get faster once I've learned the layout and best lines...

I need to get hooked up with some El Paso guys if Mario can't make it in Sept so I can split a ride with someone... Happy to bring food, drinks, etc, and split costs on gas and all as well...
R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby speedylee » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Is there going to be a track day on sept 2nd?
speedylee
Bench Racer Extrordinaire

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:01 am

Yes
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby R-silaxin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:42 am

Roger@Arroyo wrote:Yes

Hey Roger, just wanted to make sure you did see that Hondabond I put back in your trailer... Didn't want you thinking I stole it... I set it on the work bench dealio on the right side of your trailer... Got my own in with the gaskets yesterday.

So today will be getting those in and sealed, as well as flushing the coolant system and running Water Wetter and Distilled water so I don't trash your track when I wreck... :lol:

Anywho, back to the subject... Who's going?

Hoping I can get hooked up with a ride from El Paso!
R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby blendedfamily » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:24 pm

I'll be there. I'll ride your bike spraying oil and all, too. That way the day isn't a wash.
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby JazMan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:01 pm

We going clockwise or counter ???
Rossi dreams with PeeWee Herman skills !!!
JazMan
Crew Chief

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:36 pm

CCW on Sat, CW on Sun
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby ZF67 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17 pm

^^^^^ :D :D :D :color: :color: :color:
ZACK FOULK My Cheetah is dangerously cheeeesy
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Zack i just have to ask what up with all the rainbow colors lol
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby JazMan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Zacks Hero is some doll named Rainbow Brite !!!
Rossi dreams with PeeWee Herman skills !!!
JazMan
Crew Chief

Next

Return to Track Days