Who's going to the trackday and races on Nov 10-11?

Talk about trackdays at ASR here.

Who's going to the trackday and races on Nov 10-11?

Postby R-silaxin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:13 pm

It's been too long gentlemen! I'm ready to get back out there! Wish I could have made it this weekend but it wasn't in the cards... The foot is all healed up and I'm ready to get back out there! Hopefully...

Who's headed out to Arroyo next weekend? As usual, I'd like to tag along with someone that has room... Anyone going from El Paso I'd be happy to bring the grill and all, and some food, pay towards gas, etc... Send me a PM or shoot me a text, I lost all my numbers I had when I got a new phone, but I know a few have my number...

In addition, I'd love to make plans to get some coaching from some of you more experienced guys as well... Being so new at this I need some help, pointers, anything really to steer me in the right direction. Any type of help out there would be greatly appreciated! Well, let me know!

:occasion5:
R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Re: Who's going to the trackday and races on Nov 10-11?

Postby ZF67 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 pm

By no means am i 'awesome' or 'the best ever' but all u gotta do is catch up with me in the pits and come chat i'd follow u around/lead u a bit. Me and old heff arent known to be total A holes.. :)
ZACK FOULK My Cheetah is dangerously cheeeesy
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby R-silaxin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm

ZF67 wrote:By no means am i 'awesome' or 'the best ever' but all u gotta do is catch up with me in the pits and come chat i'd follow u around/lead u a bit. Me and old heff arent known to be total A holes.. :)

Pretty sure last time I was there I set up right next to you... We swapped power outlets... You're the one who always sets up on the cement slab, right? Not good with name's either so I apologize, because I remember introducing myself... Anyways, I'm Adam. If I can secure a ride, I'll definitely wander around in the morning like a lost puppy and see who wants to show me some solid lines, follow me around a bit, and bash the shit out of my "riding skills", or lack there of... hahaha

Hope to see you out there! Hoping someone from El Paso or near can help me get there! Won't have a trailer for another month or so... Transfer case on the Jeep needs replacing too so I can't tow with that. So, my fingers are crossed that I can get a ride and enjoy a weekend out at Arroyo again! It's been too long!

R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby Super Mario » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:00 am

Since next weekend is a race weekend. You're best value for you dollar, would be to take the race school. You'll get instruction and I'd you pass, you can get your race license for next year for a small fee. Plus you can race the beginner class on Sunday free of charge for your first time. Its actually a better deal than just paying for a track day, since we have divided sessions on Saturday practice.. Think about ..
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby ZF67 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 am

Ya when i did my race school. I actually had a good time, and made some great friends i still talk to on a monthly basis. And arroyo has one of the $ cheapest schools around (and asma/ccs used to go hand in hand i believe, so if u get ur asma license u could just buy ur ccs license with out taking ccs race school......i believe)
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby R-silaxin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:05 pm

So basically the race class saturday, then I'd race Sunday as what, a rookie? I'd be up for that definitely... Not like I'd win... But it'd be a cool experience, and build towards where I want to be for sure! That's this weekend correct?

Now all I need to do is square away a ride!
R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby Super Mario » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Yep, that's all this weekend. Also to get a little more experience, you could enter other races as well. But that's all up to you..
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby R-silaxin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Super Mario wrote:Yep, that's all this weekend. Also to get a little more experience, you could enter other races as well. But that's all up to you..

My biggest obstacle at this point is getting out there... As for getting my license and all, I'm down with that! That'd be awesome! I upgraded tires to the Pirelli SP's, so when I'm ready I can step up to SC's and have the same profile and everything, with that much more grip and all. Went back to 180 too... and a few other things I had to fix/swap out... But I'd love to be there this weekend and get into racing! ANYONE that can help me get there, please, send me a message! I just need a ride. I've got money and everything else I need and willing to pay my way! I'll bring steaks or something to grill out and everything, not a problem... Just need a lift!

Thanks for all the help as well Mario! As long as I can get a lift, I'll talk more with what I need to do to get my license and what races I could enter and all. I just don't want to get in anyone's way. Where I stand now, I doubt I'll be competitive in any races, but it'd still be an experience I'd love to have, and work towards getting better, and actually being competitive at some point!

PM me your number, or shoot me a text Mario... I lost all the numbers I had from guys at Arroyo... Who's your buddy that comes out from El Paso? Does he have room for me? Any ideas on how to get me out there are appreciated... I'll have a trailer and all by Dec-Jan... So next season I'll be more then willing to return the favor!

R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby tuscani451 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:47 pm

I can show you all the lines that lead into the dirt :wink: first I gotta convince my wife to let me take a three-week old on a road trip to NM
ASMA#451, Low and Slow
tuscani451
Crew Chief

Postby R-silaxin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 pm

tuscani451 wrote:I can show you all the lines that lead into the dirt :wink: first I gotta convince my wife to let me take a three-week old on a road trip to NM

Haven't run off yet... :lol:

Don't plan to... I'm pretty good at not freaking out... Course I'm sure I'm breaking/downshifting harder and sooner then most out there. Def need some work, and some coaching... That is a fact.

Before all that happens, I NEED A RIDE!

Anyone? Pwetty pwease with a BJ on top... (not from me, to be arranged with another)
R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby R-silaxin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 am

Looks like I may be securing a ride with a simonszx7r... So this weekend looks somewhat promising! I'll have to iron out the details with him tomorrow.

Now, talk to me about the trackday/race weekend... If I can ride both days that'd be tits! If someone could explain what I need to do to register, get license, and race that'd be awesome. As well as how much that'll run me... I was just planning on the trackday, and hanging out Sunday, but if I can ride/race that'd be killer! I'd love to start racing, not like I'll be competitive, but it's still something I want to work towards... So even being in the mix would be great!

Looking forward to getting out there this weekend!!! :occasion5:
R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby blendedfamily » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:03 am

instead of just signing up for the track day, sign up for the new race license clinic. It's like a track day, only with some trailer/classroom sessions where Brian critiques your riding, and gives you some briefing about racing and race situations. I'm pretty sure the beginner race is included in the cost of the school. After that, you can sign up for any and every race you're eligible for.
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby Super Mario » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:49 am

I already posted that Tony, you idiot.
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby ZF67 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 am

^lmfao!!!! Hahaha. If i were u i would race the begginer race, middle weights, and if u feel spunky Formula Amateur (its fun because its longer and has all the riders) as far as cost....idk. CCS when i did mine i sold my left lung to afford it, im Positive ASMA is cheaper.....its not on the home page?
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby blendedfamily » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 am

Holy crap, Marios calling ME an idiot?
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 am

It's $100 for the school with trackday and beginner race included. Only additionals are the $15 one day license and $10 gate fee for the weekend. So, $125 covers the whole weekend for a first time racer wanting to do the beginner race.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby Super Mario » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:41 pm

blendedfamily wrote:Holy crap, Marios calling ME an idiot?

YES, I DID.. :D
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby R-silaxin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Roger@Arroyo wrote:It's $100 for the school with trackday and beginner race included. Only additionals are the $15 one day license and $10 gate fee for the weekend. So, $125 covers the whole weekend for a first time racer wanting to do the beginner race.

So Saturday is the Rider/Race school, then Sunday is all the races? Correct? I'd be up for a couple races, whatever you'd let me out there for to be honest. Whatever you think is safe for me to race wise at least. I'm down for that though. I get a one day race license? How do I get a longer license? I don't know how any of that works... Also, is there anything special I need, or just the usual gear and all that? Thanks for everything fellas! Headed out to the garage now to put a FEW hours in on this bike, get it all back together for this weekend by tonight hopefully... I upgraded to the Pirelli SP's too. They were recommended as a better tire for me from a few racing buds on another forum. I also gathered from research they're the same profile and everything as the SC's race compound tires. So the transition would be flawless. That sound like a good move to you guys? With the SP's? Went back to a 180 too, and it's looks STEEP! Turn in will be more like FALL in... :lol:

See you guys out there!

R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:35 pm

The profile of the SP is the same as the race dot's, so transition to race tires will be easy when it's time.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby R-silaxin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 am

So it looks as if I've secured a ride. But he's not riding, or staying the night... But he'll get me to and from which is sweet. My question is, who's camping out? Anyone... Should I bring my grill and all or what? Or just pack some lame ole sammiches and call it a day?

Just wondering... Don't want to be a lone ginger camping in the cold all alone... Can I rent power the whole time so at night I can run a little space heater in my tent Roger? Or could I crash out in the tower perhaps? Really looking forward to this weekend!!!

Siked to meet some more people and get some coaching! Racing should be an experience too!

R-silaxin
Pit Crew

Next

Return to Track Days