My race report

For everything related to the ASMA Championship Series.

My race report

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Saturday Evan Steel was here and he brought a few rear springs for me to try on my 1000. After riding the ESP BMW in November, it did a few things really well and I wanted to see if I could get the same handling out of my bike.

When I got my bike it had a 105 rear spring, and it was totally not ridable. After a couple sessions, the best I could do was 1:11's because the rear skipped everywhere. We put on a .95 and it was good and I rode it that way for a few years. Then Evan put in the 3rd generation valving in the shock a few years ago and it worked way better. When we decided to try a stiffer spring, we realized he had put a 1:05 rear spring on it and it worked good with that valving.

Evan put a 115 rear spring on it for Saturday practice. I did 2 short sessions on it and it felt pretty damn good and that's what I raced on in Formula Arroyo.

Unfortunately, with the new tires on the bike, it was a handful between Yucca and Bus Stop, as well as a couple other places in the first couple laps. The extra grip changed things just enough to make things a little violent. After thinking about it today, I raised the rear ride height last weekend and that was probably the cause of my problems. So, when testing, always check stuff thoroughly before racing if possible :mrgreen:
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Re: My race report

Postby Lucky13 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Still didn't have much trouble with the win from the looks of things.
If David continues on his current trend, it may be a different story later this year.
4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul.
Lucky13
Flaming Junk Inspector

Return to ASMA Championship Series