250cc 4 stroke class

For everything related to the ASMA Championship Series.

Re: 250cc 4 stroke class

Postby ZiaThunder » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 am

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=16582

It's about who you know.... I have some racer friends who are planning on heading this way in Oct. They could bring the bike to me, and I could bring it down with me to Deming in Nov, or I'm heading to AMP in Nov for some track time with Ken Hill. Or someone else could meet me in Abq and pick the bike up....

Two years ago I picked up a bike and Phx and took it to Salt Lake.

tuscani451 wrote:Looks like I have a bike to ride this weekend but I am still in the market for my own. If anyone hears of any 2008+ low mileage bikes especially already raced prepped lmk
Sponsored by: Speedin' Motorsports, PJ's Motorcycles, Woodcraft, SIDI, Amsoil, Leatt, Race Tech, Motion Pro, Suomy
ZiaThunder
Pit Crew

Postby tuscani451 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 am

ZiaThunder wrote:http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=16582

It's about who you know.... I have some racer friends who are planning on heading this way in Oct. They could bring the bike to me, and I could bring it down with me to Deming in Nov, or I'm heading to AMP in Nov for some track time with Ken Hill. Or someone else could meet me in Abq and pick the bike up....

Two years ago I picked up a bike and Phx and took it to Salt Lake.

tuscani451 wrote:Looks like I have a bike to ride this weekend but I am still in the market for my own. If anyone hears of any 2008+ low mileage bikes especially already raced prepped lmk

Looks like that might fir what I am looking for-sending PM
ASMA#451, Low and Slow
tuscani451
Crew Chief

Postby findgold » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:47 pm

October News:
1. Since we have quite a few new Ninja 250's, we will begin a new rule for 250cc
4 strokes only being allowed to run up 1 class. This means in addition to the 2
250 classes, they are allowed to also run in all Lightweight and Sportsman Cup
classes. 250's will not be allowed in Middleweight, Unlimited, or Formula
Amateur races.

A very good and smart rule change.
(tho it does kinda rain on my parade.)
does this mean that the 250 ninjettes will be considered ultra lightweight? (so to speak) :alien:
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:42 pm

It does mean sort of a UL class, but we'll stick with the way it's currently written for now.

So that means we need to get one of your other bikes running or you'll be bored. What else do you have?
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby findgold » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Roger@Arroyo wrote:It does mean sort of a UL class, but we'll stick with the way it's currently written for now.

So that means we need to get one of your other bikes running or you'll be bored. What else do you have?

I still have the trio of fz700/750's, the collection of rd350's and a ton of parts for em and the rz350's a couple of fzr1000's one basket case. my old fzr600 with parts bike. the fzr400's (3 old race bikes) and a few more older yamaha's.

Till now was making progress on building a shop to work on bikes. but the injury to shoulder has slowed progress. but still what I have done shop wise now is more then I had last month.
Now all I need to do is find that box of round tuits. :alien:
findgold
Racer

Postby original_337 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Lauren,

Did you say RD350 and RZ350's? Anything complete and for sale?
original_337
Wheel Changer

Postby findgold » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:10 am

original_337 wrote:Lauren,

Did you say RD350 and RZ350's? Anything complete and for sale?

Mostly bone yard-ers are the rd's. one rz my old well crashed racer one a parts bike for it and 2 others that need lots of work.
nothing for sale at this time.
findgold
Racer

Postby duggram » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Add one to your count. Today I picked up a 2012 Ninja with 289 miles on it. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. It's licensed so I can put some miles on it to break it in. I would like it to handle decent. And, I'll get body work for it because there's not a scratch or dent on it now and so I can add to my storage unit. Any advice appreciated.

I got this list of mods off of a Web site. Does it look appropriate?

Hotbodies race bodywork,
Area P exhausts,
DynoJetting,
Galfer stainless steel brake lines pushing EBC HH brake pads OR would stock be good enough?
RaceTech gold valve emulators under suitably stiffer springs with Slingshot Racing preload adjusters OR would stock be good enough?
Penske 8983 double-adjustable rear shocks OR would stock be good enough?
Woodcraft rearsets and clip-ons

Doug
duggram
Wheel Changer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:53 pm

And a turbo! Don't forget the turbo....j/k.

I'd do everything but the brake pads. I'd use stock unless they aren't good enough to stop the warp speed these things produce.

One of these days I'll get around to getting the motor back in mine.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby duggram » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:50 am

I found the Sharkskinz 3 piece set (tail, upper and lower) new for $410. Best price for new I've found. But I have a question on the upper which is one piece not 3. Would this be harder to live with than a top and 2 sides? It's got to be more pain to take it off than sides, but it would be lighter and maybe stronger.
duggram
Wheel Changer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:11 am

Most upper's are one piece, I haven't seen a 3 piece upper in years. Except of course on the 1988 CBR600.......
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby tuscani451 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:19 pm

duggram wrote:Add one to your count. Today I picked up a 2012 Ninja with 289 miles on it. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. It's licensed so I can put some miles on it to break it in. I would like it to handle decent. And, I'll get body work for it because there's not a scratch or dent on it now and so I can add to my storage unit. Any advice appreciated.

I got this list of mods off of a Web site. Does it look appropriate?

Hotbodies race bodywork,
Area P exhausts,
DynoJetting,
Galfer stainless steel brake lines pushing EBC HH brake pads OR would stock be good enough?
RaceTech gold valve emulators under suitably stiffer springs with Slingshot Racing preload adjusters OR would stock be good enough?
Penske 8983 double-adjustable rear shocks OR would stock be good enough?
Woodcraft rearsets and clip-ons

Doug

I plan on converting my rear shock to a GSXR 600 shock. I have read on forums that it works well, is stiffer and has more adjustability.
ASMA#451, Low and Slow
tuscani451
Crew Chief

Postby Thomas » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:28 am

I'm just going to ride the 250 I got from Roger years ago. I may need to change out the 3or4 year old tires.
Ride, Race, Live.
ASMA #45
2002 HayaBusa (aka "Bus"), 2006 GSXR-1000 (aka "Little Bus"), 2000 Kawi Ninja 250 (aka "Baby Bus")
Sponsors: RPM Motorcycle, Kustom Works, Lockhart Phillips USA
Thomas
ASMA Racer

Previous

Return to ASMA Championship Series