The place to discuss non ASMA racing

Texas GP

Postby JoRdAn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Greg blows ME!
JoRdAn
F16C Block 50 Crew Chief Vital to the Safety of the Free World

Re: Texas GP

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:21 am

WTF 3 Motogp races in the states Hells yea no more going to monteray to watch the races!!!
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 am

mr_gixxxer1k wrote:WTF 3 Motogp races in the states Hells yea no more going to monteray to watch the races!!!

Laguna is horrible for watching a big race because of the traffic. I was going to go to Indy but I think I may hit up Austin instead. Plus, I've got a freind that lives there I need to visit.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby chefboyartie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Yeah buddy, I've got friends and family there!
chefboyartie
STFU, Art!

Postby Ryan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:26 pm

hopefully this helps build american interest, but i still don't get the move. America is probably the least interested in motogp, and we have 3 events?

I hope they allow td's or some other smaller race orgs at COTA. should be a blast.
Ryan
Pit Crew

Postby kz2zx » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:17 pm

America(s) and China are untapped markets. Europe, Africa, Australia, Japan, Macau/HK are saturated. India and the rest of Asia may have a billion motorcycles, but none over 500cc and not a whole lot of money to throw at motorcycle racing.

I think it's a Hail Mary that Dorna NEEDS to make succeed (both MotoGP and Formula-1).

They needed something in Texas to give the folks in SA a sense that it's more-centrally located. And, right now, who in their right mind would put something like this in Mexico or Venezuela? Brazil would have been a great choice, though activists may have boycotted for rain-forest deforestation, and no one from the US would travel south. That pretty much leaves the southern/central US.
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby blendedfamily » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:38 pm

I'm down for a carpool. I got dibs on whackin' it on the back of Tom's truck, Roger. Id say we should invite Jordan, but he probably won't have enough time in the next two years to request leave...
blendedfamily
Troy McClure

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 pm

kz2zx wrote:America(s) and China are untapped markets. Europe, Africa, Australia, Japan, Macau/HK are saturated. India and the rest of Asia may have a billion motorcycles, but none over 500cc and not a whole lot of money to throw at motorcycle racing.

I think it's a Hail Mary that Dorna NEEDS to make succeed (both MotoGP and Formula-1).

They needed something in Texas to give the folks in SA a sense that it's more-centrally located. And, right now, who in their right mind would put something like this in Mexico or Venezuela? Brazil would have been a great choice, though activists may have boycotted for rain-forest deforestation, and no one from the US would travel south. That pretty much leaves the southern/central US.

^true they should have did one better and put it in tucson lol
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby chefboyartie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm

I'll drive first leg!!!!
chefboyartie
STFU, Art!

Postby Lucky13 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:00 am

Roger@Arroyo wrote:
mr_gixxxer1k wrote:WTF 3 Motogp races in the states Hells yea no more going to monteray to watch the races!!!

Laguna is horrible for watching a big race because of the traffic. I was going to go to Indy but I think I may hit up Austin instead. Plus, I've got a freind that lives there I need to visit.

You have friends?
I remember Laguna for the cops being total tools about bikes and bikers. Heaven forbid you try to split lanes (legal in Cali) and they get on your butt for dangerous driving.
Miller was a joy in comparison. Austin is a closer and more centrally located venue. About time they got a world class track out there.
4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul.
Lucky13
Flaming Junk Inspector

Postby mr_gixxxer1k » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:29 am

Lucky13 wrote:
Roger@Arroyo wrote:

You have friends?
I remember Laguna for the cops being total tools about bikes and bikers. Heaven forbid you try to split lanes (legal in Cali) and they get on your butt for dangerous driving.
Miller was a joy in comparison. Austin is a closer and more centrally located venue. About time they got a world class track out there.

i like Laguna i did both i took my bike one yr then i flew in at another Laguna is better when you dont ride less to worry about
#63 Perk
mr_gixxxer1k
Racer

Postby Super Mario » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Cool. Moto GP closer than Cali. I'll be going and my brother-in-law lives down there. So I guess the wife will have to go.. :cry:
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm thinking about taking the ST1100. Tony, you can ride bitch and whack it along the way. :)
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby chefboyartie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Roger@Arroyo wrote:I'm thinking about taking the ST1100. Tony, you can ride bitch and whack it along the way. :)

Didn't Tibo and Raul do something similar and post pics of it all over facebook?
chefboyartie
STFU, Art!

Return to Other Roadracing Series