SPEED Channel Logic...

The place to discuss non ASMA racing

SPEED Channel Logic...

Postby Driz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:49 pm

We are all well versed in the sub-par delivery of Motorcycle Racing on Speed... but I was wondering if you, the wisest of forum-ness's, could explain two SPEED ch logical thought processes.

1. I've had gripe with the pronunciation of Lorenzo as "Loren'th'o" for a long time... However, using the pretense that a European Spanish 'Z' is pronounced as a 'TH', would not Marquez be "Marque'th'"?

2. If you have to shoehorn 3 more Progressive commercials in the programming someplace, would the laps 16-18 (6 to 4 laps remaining) be the best placement?

..just venting a little after a great race. :puke:
Ducati 1098
Suzuki 650
Driz
Wheel Changer

Re: SPEED Channel Logic...

Postby ZF67 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Crutchlow = badass. Dovi actually riding the ducati = badass. Rossi= holy f'ing sh*t!!!! Awesome! And props for the marquez awesome first motogp race!
ZACK FOULK My Cheetah is dangerously cheeeesy
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Nicky reeling down Dovi = awesome, just wish he would have passed him
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby kz2zx » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:04 am

The 20 yr old Spanish Kid racing Rossi for second was pretty badass, too - taking the position back, but losing it; good racing. Since when did Moto GP have actual racing in it?
ASMA 47
WERA 147
kz2zx
ASMA Racer

Postby Jeremy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Per Lorenzo ....
They asked him how he pronounces his name. He said "Loren-tho" is proper.
Jeremy
Crew Chief

Postby findgold » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Shit I had to wait for and on a download of the race. the battle for 2-4 was great. :alien:
Can hardly wait for this weekend to get back on the track. Even if I am old, fat, and slow. and on a bike that doesn't have enough HP to get out of its own way. :mrgreen:
Dirt is for worms - Asphalt is for Racing
And almost anyone can go fast with too MUCH Horsepower!
findgold
Racer

Postby Super Mario » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Lorenzo has a lisp when he talks. The proper way to say he name is with the Z .. I asked my Aunt who is a language / speech teacher.. So I'll believe her over the dumbass American commentators on speed channel..
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby Jeremy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 pm

The Castillian Lisp
However European Spanish, as a general rule, noticeably differs in the pronunciation of these words, with casa being pronounced as you’d expect with an “s” sound, but with caza being pronounced differently. Replacing the “z” sound is what’s called an unvoiced “th” sound (think, theory, etc). Called the Castillian lisp, this difference in sounding is the case for the majority of Spain, and as such the casual student of European Spanish would pronounce Lorenzo with a “th” sound, or ‘Lorentho’ if we’re spelling things phonetically.
This is the same reason why you will hear the Spanish track of Jerez pronounced “Hereth” (the “j” being properly pronounced as an “h”, and the “z” pronounced as a “th” as we just explained) by international commentators. But these same announcers seem to flub the rule when pronouncing Lorenzo’s last name, so what gives?
As we said before the “th” pronunciation is only a general rule, and there are pockets of Spaniards who ignore this rule completely, or have varying forms of it. Primarily located in southern Spain, we have dialects that practice ceceo, seseo, and distinción dialects. These three dialects vary as to whether they pronounce words like casa and caza the same and with a “th” (ceceo), the same but with an “s” (seseo), or differentiate between the two with “s” and “th” (distinción). While the majority of Spain uses distinción dialects, the southern portion of the country sees the use of ceceo and seseo.

Not Jorge's personal speech lisp.

Could just call em fastmofo.
Jeremy
Crew Chief

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 pm

WTF? Jeremy as a speech teacher?
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby ZF67 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Why am i paying for college, when we have conversations like ^^ on the race forums... i just learned more about foreign language than 2 semesters at any college I've been to..... bottom line who cares... LorenZ/THo is gay.... bless his heart
ZACK FOULK My Cheetah is dangerously cheeeesy
ZF67
Rainbow Warrior

Postby Super Mario » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 pm

I thought Jeremy was a fireman..? Just because you use google, doesn't mean it's right.. The internet was invented by white people and white people can't speak Spanish. Just like Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans , etc. We can't speak English.. So STFU JEREMY !!!!
:D :D :D
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 am

The part that impressed me is it wasn't a google translation.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby Super Mario » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Yes it was impressive.. I like just giving Jeremy shit, since he became a trackday rider and stopped racing..
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby Jeremy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Super Mario wrote:I thought Jeremy was a fireman..? Just because you use google, doesn't mean it's right.. The internet was invented by white people and white people can't speak Spanish. Just like Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans , etc. We can't speak English.. So STFU JEREMY !!!!
:D :D :D

Google isn't the only thing I "used"..... :wink: :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeremy
Crew Chief

Postby Jeremy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Should it be el'fastmofo?
Jeremy
Crew Chief

Postby Super Mario » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Lol.... Nice, but that will never happen again. Cause you don't race..
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby Jeremy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Maybe slightly scared.... :)
Jeremy
Crew Chief

Postby Super Mario » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Lol.. Bullshit somebody that doesn't know better.. You really need to come out and race again Jeremy. The expert grids are starting to get pretty good..
ASMA # 34
Super Mario
Racer

Postby chefboyartie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans can't even speak Spanish. It's more Spanglish than anything.
chefboyartie
STFU, Art!

Return to Other Roadracing Series