Required safety equipment

Discuss ASR Drag Racing here

Required safety equipment

Postby v8b2000 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:05 am

I'm in the planning stages of re-building my little Mazda truck to race with a bit more serious intentions. What I need to know is does ASR follow standard NHRA practice with regards to what is required determined by how fast something runs? I'm looking at a 3200# truck with me in it, shooting for 500 horses through the wheels and I have the room for a 12" wide slick w/o tubbing. Should be fun if I can get it to hook.

I need some guidance as to what's required so I get it right the first time & don't get kicked off the track during its maiden voyage...whenever that may happen.
v8b2000
Spectator

Re: Required safety equipment

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 am

Yes, general NHRA safety guidelines per speed of vehicle.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby v8b2000 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks Roger, that's what I thought. Will build accordingly then. Another question, since I have no idea what this thing's gonna do, what class will I have to put it in initially or is it just a guess? Going to run a trans brake, no scatter boxes, air shifters or anything like that. What is ASRs position on nitrous? Certainly not looking to be Mr. Torres my first time out but would like to be able to sample some of that rare air eventually.

Just so you know who I am, I run the big white F350 diesel with the oversize load equipment you guys have so much fun with up in the tower. It's a bitch to spool up & launch right. I don't get to race as much as I'd like but I do what I can.
v8b2000
Spectator

Postby Roger@Arroyo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

I'd enter modified initally, and if it's too fast you can bump up.
MO is my bitch
Roger@Arroyo
Site Admin

Postby fouarkorin » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:54 pm

NHRA is a racing governing body which sets rules in drag racing and host events all over the US.
fouarkorin
Spectator

Return to ASR Drag Racing